Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Humanity

About 28 years ago, right around Halloween this time, I decided I knew exactly what I wanted to be for Halloween. While everyone else was dressing up as a pirate or a skeleton, I wanted to be Charlie Chaplin. My parents thought it a bit odd. At least that's the way I remember it. But, being the cool parents they were, they got me the big shoes, the cane, and the derby. I made a pretty decent Chaplin for an eight year old. I used to watch tons of black and white shows as a kid. I'd come home and watch I love Lucy, My Favorite Martian, Leave it to Beaver, and my favvorite The Twilight Zone. But my favorite was when I could catch an old Charlie Chaplin film. I thought this quite appropriate as it was released 73 years ago this very day. It makes me think of what we could all be capable of as humanity...


No comments:

Post a Comment

WTF FTW PODCAST