Friday, April 27, 2012

Growing up on YouTube



Hey guys :) It's been awhile since I began this journey on YouTube and it's been a very rewarding experience for my family and I. Not only has it helped us heal a bit from the loss of a loved one, but it has helped us connect with others and we dig that. Though, I have to say, one thing I think I'm really noticing is the longer my friends and I do the YouTube gig, the more secular things get and I really am kind of disappointed by that. I expected just the opposite to happen, but I think that's just how it goes and it truly is a shame in a way. I think everyone is doing YouTube for a different reason and I have to say my reasons have changed numerous times on the "why" factor. But, the underlying reason why I make videos and am part of the YouTube community is because I just really like to do it. Lately my view counts, comments, and my subscribers have been pretty stale and I think it's because in general, I'm a dad with two kids and really... who is the audience for that? But, then again, when I think about it, those that are the audience, end up being those who I really care about.


No comments:

Post a Comment

WTF FTW PODCAST