Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pieces of Her

I think one of the hardest things about being a widow is knowing that my children really never got to know Amy like I did. They were very young when she passed and although Zoe has some memory of Amy she really can't grasp on to much because she was 5 and my son was 2. Watching them grow up at such a crazy pace has me thinking on some mornings like this.... where does the time go?



It makes me realize how important it is to focus on the things that matter and let go of the things I can not change. I want her to know that our kids are awesome and that she's part of the reason why. I know there's really no way to make that happen and that gets to me. When I look at them I see pieces of her and that to me is how I get through sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry. Your children are so lucky to have you as their father. You are an amazing person and an amazing dad. I'm sure your wife is very proud of everything you have done for the family.

    Lots of love,
    Jaclyn

    ReplyDelete

WTF FTW PODCAST